Vaginal Rejuvenation It is one of the issues related to women’s health that has generated the most expectations today.There are various gynecological treatments available for women that bring comfort, confidence, and less pain. One of those special treatments is Vaginal Rejuvenation. It includes everything that has to do with the corrective procedures on the vagina like tightening or treatment for increasing lubrication. These procedures are usually performed to correct problems that may occur after giving birth. These conditions are – lack of tightness in the vagina, urinary incontinence, absence of lubrication, etc.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
El vaginal rejuvenation is a term that groups together a series of medical and surgical treatments, whose main objective is to restore the optimal conditions of your external genitalia (vulva and vagina) especially if you have suffered damage or wear either by the natural aging process or product of situations such as: el childbirth, breastfeeding, gynecological surgeries and cancer treatments, in which the fundamental cause, in general, is the insufficient estrogen production or direct trauma to the genital area.
Methods of Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginal Rejuvenation is done via two methods – Surgical and Non-Surgical.
Surgical options for vaginal Rejuvenation are – vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and vulvaplasty.
This procedure tightens the vagina that can become with age or childbirth. Vaginoplasty has been represented as done to benefit self -esteem, and confidence. The procedure is performed under regional or local anesthesia. It can either be a full-length or half-length tightening. A depth of 7-8 cms is full length. It also usually includes perineoplasty to remodel the perineum. 66% of women believe that this procedure has improved their sex lives.
However, some have complained of complications such as hemorrhage, wound infection, constipation, and lack of lubrication, to name a few. Some examples of vaginoplasty are:
- Clitoral unhooding: This involves removing tissue that covers the clitoris.
- Revirgination: The hymen breaks the first time a woman has intercourse, and surgery can be done to mimic its original state before the woman had sex.
- G-spot amplification: It is believed that the front wall of the vagina has the g-spot, which is important for female stimulation and arousal. Collagen is injected into this area to increase pleasure for the woman.
Labiaplasty means reshaping the labia. It is the surgical reduction of labia minora. This has become quite popular. It changes the shape of the labia or corrects the asymmetry. Complications following this surgery can be hematoma, infections, and scarring. One can shorten or reshape the lips after administering anesthesia. The unwanted tissue is cut with a laser or scalpel, and the loose edge is stitched with dissolving stitches.
Vulvaplasty means reshaping the vulva. This involves reshaping the vulva to look a certain way.
How do I know if I have Vaginal Atrophy?
When the skin and mucosa that line the vulva and vagina do not have enough estrogen stimulation, they lose quality and deteriorate, finally causing what is known as genital atrophy. These atrophied tissues are characterized by being less elasticPlus prone at infectionsHave poor ability to regenerate and heal, and also can by themselves trigger very uncomfortable symptoms such as: itching, stinging, irritation, dryness, pain with intercourse, discharge, urinary incontinence, and hypermobility, negatively affecting your quality of life both in the personal sphere and in the social sphere and as a couple.
How can I prevent it?
There are many therapeutic tools how well used they are capable of prevent, reverse the atrophy process I maintain the optimal conditions of the external genitalia. The number of options is so great and diverse that the information often becomes confusing.
Some of the therapeutic elements that today represent the main tools used in the area of Vaginal rejuvenation and intimate health:
- Mechanical stimulus: a primary factor to ensure adequate vascularization (presence and arrangement of blood and lymphatic vessels in a tissue, organ or region of the body), development and replacement of the vulvar skin and vaginal mucosa. Whenever possible, have sex is one of the best ways to guarantee a large part of the conditions that ultimately promote the intimate health.
- Use of estrogens vaginally: anti therapy atrophy par excellence, with very good results and few contraindications. Also, there is an oral treatment, non-hormonal, capable of achieving the excellent effect that estrogens have at the genital level (Ospemifene).
- Lubricants: they seek that the friction between the tissues is less, as well as the micro trauma during intercourse, with which the recovery process is faster and safer.
- Moisturizers: there are a number of products (gel, cream, and local injections) specifically designed for the vulva and vagina, many of them equipped with macro and micro molecules capable, in addition to hydrating, stimulating regeneration and defenses local external genitalia.
At Amrita Medical Center, our staff is happy to answer any of your questions and help you decide if the right fit for you. We even offer same day appointments for your convenience. Contact us here!